Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

Greetings, my fellow conquerors!

In my first post I told you about the blog, and now in this post I shall tell you about myself.  I am an introvert.   It's a very natural thing, a part of my skepticism of people in general.  I like to overcome this by pressing myself to make new friends.  Being that I'm in a new area, it's been hard to do, and until now, I haven't tried very hard.  So that's one of my first goals. 



Now my history has mostly been me growing up as a normal kid in a normal cozy town with normal parents.  All great things that have actually given me great opportunities.  But I want more.  So coming out of high school not having a clue, I dabbled in a bit of college, a bit of hard labor jobs, a bit of this and that.  One fateful day my mother told me about our community college starting a new class.  So I found myself back at school and I got an emergency medical technician certificate and eventually, through influence from my cousin, I got my firefighter certificate and have been in the emergency services in paid and volunteer form for 3 years now. 

Now it hasn't been easy doing this 'hero stuff.'  There's been a lot of hard things that I and my fellow professionals have had to endure.  But it's something we all understand that is part of what we do.  There are some people out there who think we're just a bunch of altruistic individuals, and some of us are, but for the most part, we just want to be part of something greater than ourselves. 

Now to keep you all updated on how this blog thing is going to work, I'm going to post a new blog at the minimum every 2 weeks.  I'm going to provide everything inspirational for adventuresome conquerors like ourselves; from links to other blogs, books, movies, short videos, speeches, quotes, real stories, interviews, and whatever else you ask for.  I'm here to help, so give me some feedback.


OK now here's my first endorsement, and I just want to say that this guy has really helped me open my eyes to what the world can be.  His book 'The Art of Non-Conformity,' is basically a life strategy book on changing things and living outside the boring system.  It's not for everyone, but I think that you guys should probably appreciate it.  He has a lot of free content in his blog and on his site, so check it out.




-- Hook

No comments:

Post a Comment